Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 7:00pm
Houghton Fire Station 22
6602 108th Avenue NE
1) Neighborhood Matching Grant Update
The Neighborhood Matching Grant Program provides Kirkland neighborhoods the opportunity to apply for City funds to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods. Neighborhood matching grant funds have resulted in many physical improvements in the neighborhoods as well as community building activities. In the past, Central Houghton has used its grants primarily for the HoughtDown and neighborhood communications (website, newsletter, mailings, etc.). We will be finalizing our grant requests for the upcoming cycle.
- Top of the list will be the HoughtDown
- H style signs for meetings
- HoughtDown recruitment event at the Lakeview PTSA
- Adverts in Kirkland Reporter
Key dates for Neighborhood Matching Grants
Application due - no later than January 31, 2015
Awards Announced - February 16, 2015
Projects Commence upon receipt of signed contract
Project end - December1, 2016
Reimbursement Deadline - December 10, 2016
Final Reports Due - January 31, 2017
For more information see - http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/CMO/Neighborhood_Services/Matching_Grants.htm
2) Neighborhood Safety Program Update
The City Council authorized the Neighborhood Safety Program (NSP) in June 2014. The purpose of the Program is to reenergize Neighborhood Associations by empowering them to work collaboratively to identify, prioritize and address pedestrian and bicycle safety issues in Kirkland neighborhoods.
Three preliminary projects were submitted: 1) Improvements to the NE 60th Street connection to the Cross Kirkland Corridor 2) Improvements to the asphalt at the base of NE 60th Street pedestrian bridge and 3) Addition of a sidewalk on the east side of 112th Avenue NE between ICS and 68th.
Key Dates for NSP
NSP Workshop - January 22, 2015
Applications available - January 22, 2015
Applications Due - No later than February 9, 2015
Panel Review - March 11, 2015
Panel Decision - March 25, 2015
City Council Decision - April 21, 2015
Projects Announced - By end of April 2015
Projects End - June 1, 2016
For more information see - http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/CMO/Neighborhood_Services/NSP.htm
3) Goals for the upcoming two year cycle - discussion of what CHNA meeting attendees would like to see happen in the next two year cycle. Events - HoughtDown, Green Kirkland, CKC Opening day event. Meetings - joint meetings with Everest, Lakeview, and Moss Bay Neighborhood Associations. Land use issues - Houghton/Everest Business center, neighborhood plan update, city council, Sound Transit, safety. Community Service things.