Therefore, the Central Houghton Neighborhood Association meeting scheduled for March 10 is Cancelled. We have tentatively rescheduled our meeting to April 14, pending the availability of facilities and direction from the City and health authorities.
In the meantime, the following links can provide you information on current and upcoming topics.
- Neighborhood Safety Program Crosswalk Improvement at Phyllis Needy Park - City Council may address funding for the flashing crosswalk lights at their March 17 meeting.
- Safer Routes to Schools, including ongoing studies near the International Community School -- https://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/CMO/Neighborhood_Services/Safer_Routes_to_School_Action_Plans.htm
- The update of the City's Active Transportation Plan covering improving walking and bicycling within the City -- https://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/Public_Works/Transportation_and_Traffic/Active_Transportation_Plan.htm
- Upcoming (starting March 21) Metro Route Changes affecting Central Houghton https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/schedules-maps/service-change/eastside.aspx
- AND - the 108th Avenue NE Sewer and Water Main Replacement Project which will affect all of us in Central Houghton to some degree over the next 6 to 12 months.
A member of the Police Department will also be at the meeting to update us on current police department activities and to answer questions from he audience.
We also will provide updates on ongoing City Council, Planning Commission activities and CHNA programs.
Cookies and cider will be served!!!
As always, please let us know if you have potential topics for future meetings or would like to volunteer for the Board or other CHNA/City program.
Looking forward to seeing you next week.
Larry Toedtli, President
Central Houghton Neighborhood Association