We will be providing updates on several items including:
- the neighborhood safety grant program and other transportation items,
- the update to the City's Tree Code - which can affect your property or neighborhood,
- the Northwest University Master Plan hearing, and
- other upcoming municipal code items.
- In addition, one of the candidates for City Council will drop by and introduce himself.
This Saturday, September 7, the Central Houghton Neighborhood Association will have a station as part of the 3rd Annual Crossing Kirkland event. The event is from 11 AM to 3 PM. CHNA will be at the Feriton Spur/Google campus. We will have activities for children, including braiding and face painting.
For those of you that may not be familiar with the event - Crossing Kirkland is a for-neighbors-by-neighbors block party along the Cross Kirkland Corridor. This year three neighborhood-sponsored stations stretch from Feriton Spur (Google) in the south (including CHNA) up to 7th Ave in the north. Participants bike, walk, and take advantage of city-provided shuttles to see the whole event. This year we’ll be adding local musicians, a community art project, and a kids fun run. See https://www.crossingkirkland.org/ for more information
Come on by and say hello and also join us at our meeting on Tuesday September 10, 7 PM at Fire Station 22 (on 108th Avenue) to share your thoughts on a range of items that affect our community.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question, comments, or ideas for future meeting topics.
Larry Toedtli, President
Central Houghton Neighborhood Association