June 13, 2017 Meeting Notes
- Doreen Booth – Neighborhood Services Outreach Coordinator
Her Contact Information:
Doreen Booth, Phone:425-587-3011, email: email@example.com
- Houghton Community Council Election – Pro/Con Statement
- Applications for Pro/Con Statement was due June 9 – extended to July 7 (selected July 24)
- HCC Selection June 26
- Houghton Everest Neighborhood Center (HENC) – City Council review
- March 23 Public meeting
- City Council has started looking at the HENC zoning changes at last week’s study session
- A lot of questions about the City’s properties just south of Waddell’s property
- City Council had questions about 2nd floor office units, step backs for the 3rd floor, and affordable housing requirements
- Anna(Everest President) and Larry(CHNA President) will be meeting with Councilmembers Pascal and Asher.
- Next meeting – for KCC July 5 see for video, item 10d on Agenda, http://kirkland.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=43&clip_id=3615
- 6th Street Corridor Study/Transportation Commission
- No new updates/dates. This item is expected to be on the Transportation Commission agenda at the Wednesday July 26th meeting, Council Chambers, 6PM
- Northwest University Master Plan Status
- No new updates on the UNW website
- Daylight the chapel stream
- No other new information
- Other Development Projects
- The hotel on 68th behind the 7-11. Although the lot is technically in the Everest neighborhood, it is a part of our Houghton Everest Neighborhood Center.
- Kirkland Alliance of Neighborhoods Report
- Meeting tomorrow
- Joel Pfundt will talk about the Lake Washington Promenade
- Lisa will talk about how the city updates the Neighborhood Plans
- They will talk about changes to the 520 bus plans proposed by Metro and Sound Transit
- Using residences for Airbnb/VRBO, should there be regulations/restrictions?
- Neighborhood Safety Projects and Grant
- The speed radar sign on 68th proposed for 2017 project was not warranted after the study. There will be some curb painting to try and delineate and highlight the curve in the road that has been the scene of multiple accidents.
- Cross walk on 108th is nearing construction. (Update: Rapid Flashing Beacon units are currently being installed)
- The schedule for the next year’s project grant will be advanced to more closely coordinate with the creation of department work plans for the next year.
- Lisa McConnell, our NSP grant representative for CHNA, suggested FeetFirst study for one of next year’s projects. There are also several other projects being considered for the Safety grant for 2018. If you have a safety project you’d like to see done, submit your idea to http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/Public_Works/Construction_Projects/Capital_Improvements/Suggest_a_CIP_Project.htm. We will be discussing ALL suggested projects at the next CHNA meeting in September.
- Crossing Kirkland 2017 celebration
- June 15 - 3 people, preliminary plan
- July 15 – Completed application and final plan
- Cross Kirkland Corridor Trail Community Art – applications due June 15
- Other Topics/Input
- Grand opening for the new parking lot next to City Hall
- Discussion and grant for the 50th Picnic?
- Next meeting - September 12, 2017
May 9, 2017 Meeting Notes
Dear CHNA members,
First I’d like to offer apologies in advance. I have just received the helm of Secretary and the distribution list for CHNA. If you have repeats or mail sent to addresses you no longer use, or if you’d like to be removed from this list, please let me know. I will work to correct this as soon as possible. Lisa McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org Second I’d like to reiterate our distribution list tradition. Generally, we send out only 2 emails a month: once for meeting notice and Agenda, next for meeting notes. Occasionally, when there is a particularly urgent or time sensitive item that falls between these two mailings, we may send out an additional email to the list. You should be receiving no more than 2 or 3 mailings from us in one month. If you are getting more mail than this, please let us know and we will look into the security of our list.
- New Meeting date but same meeting time and place. We will now be meeting on the second Tuesday of the month at Fire Station #22 on 108th Avenue at 7PM. The exception will be no meetings July or August because summer meeting turnouts are low.
- Officer elections: President – Larry Toedli, Vice-president – Brian Staples, Treasurer – Erika Somm, Secretary – Lisa McConnell. Thank you to all who have served as officers and those that continue to serve the community. Welcome to our newest member, Larry Toedli.
- Northwest University update. No information at present. Still doing SEPA and permit review. Look to Facebook and our website (Houghtonlives.com) for information as it becomes available
- HENC There is a great review and Next Steps available on our website (www.houghtonlives.com ) that contains summary charts and text that would be too extensive to attach here. Please see check it out. The City Council will be reviewing at a Study Session on JUNE 6th at 6PM in Council Chambers, City Hall. City Council will be the ultimate decision makers for this long discussed issue.
The following provides the City Council’s email addresses. You should also copy Angela Ruggeri, Senior Planner. If you want to you also can copy the Planning Commission and Houghton Community Council.
- City Council: email@example.com
- Angela Ruggeri: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning Commission: planningInfo@kirklandwa.gov
- Houghton Community Council: HoughtonCouncil@kirklandwa.gov
Our next meeting is Tuesday June 13th, 7PM, Fire Station #22 on 108th Ave NE