To find out more information about the process go to http://www.lwsd.org/News/Reboundary/Pages/default.aspx
To provide your input for the Lake Washington area go to http://www.lwsd.org/News/Reboundary/Pages/LWLC-2015.01.09.aspx
Park Board Chair Adam White
The Park Board Chair was at the meeting. He provide us with an update on some of the park projects. Park meetings are the second Wednesday of the month, same as the KAN meetings.
- ARC (Aquatic Recreation Center) – still looking for locations. Totem Lake is always interesting but looking at multiple locations including Parmac (over by Pump it up). Juanita had too much opposition, the area doesn’t want park turned into a building or have the additional traffic. LWSD is doing a study for new boundaries of building usage. They are not looking to add swimming facilities. PeterKirk pool does not have the infrastructure to handle year round. The city still has time since the school bond did not pass so a decision is not needed immediately. Ideally, they would find a property with first right refusal so it could be put on the ballot for 2016.
- Waverly Beach and Terrace park are to be updated in 2015.
- Houghton Beach is getting WIFI
- Google is developing along the trail
Neighborhood Matching Grant Update
The Neighborhood Matching Grant Program provides Kirkland neighborhoods the opportunity to apply for City funds to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods. Neighborhood matching grant funds have resulted in many physical improvements in the neighborhoods as well as community building activities.
We will be using our grant money to pay for our website, the HoughtDown picnic, H style signs and recruitment efforts.
Thanks to Brian for submitting the paperwork!
For more information see - http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/CMO/Neighborhood_Services/Matching_Grants.htm
Neighborhood Safety Program Update
The City Council authorized the Neighborhood Safety Program (NSP) in June 2014. The purpose of the Program is to reenergize Neighborhood Associations by empowering them to work collaboratively to identify, prioritize and address pedestrian and bicycle safety issues in Kirkland neighborhoods.
Three preliminary projects were submitted: 1) Improvements to the NE 60th Street connection to the Cross Kirkland Corridor 2) Improvements to the asphalt at the base of NE 60th Street pedestrian bridge and 3) Addition of a sidewalk on the east side of 112th Avenue NE between ICS and 68th.
Next update on the submitted projects will be at the NSP Workshop on Jan 22. Brian and Lisa to provide update after meeting.
For more information see - http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/CMO/Neighborhood_Services/NSP.htm
Goals for the upcoming two year cycle
Discussion of what CHNA meeting attendees would like to see happen in the next two year cycle. Events - HoughtDown, Green Kirkland, CKC Opening day event. Meetings - joint meetings with Everest, Lakeview, and Moss Bay Neighborhood Associations. Land use issues - Houghton/Everest Business center, neighborhood plan update, city council, Sound Transit, safety. Community Service.
Please provide us with your feedback (either by reply email or post on FB) on what you think the CHNA goals should be over the next two years. We would also like to get your input on the following questions:
- What values are most important to CHNA?
- What symbols would you like to see associated with CHNA?
- Are there programs/organizations you’d like to see CHNA work closely with?
- What ideas do you have to invigorate our neighborhood?
- What would motivate you to get involved with CHNA?
Do you want to have input on what goes into the Houghton-Everest Neighborhood Business Center (Met Market area)? As part of our goals for 2015, we would like to engage the other neighborhoods in discussions of their vision for Houghton-Everest Neighborhood Business Center. We hope to get joint meetings with Everest, Lakeview and Moss Bay in April, June and October. Please join us in this process.
Our next meeting is Wednesday, Feb 4th, 7pm at Fire Station #22.
Stay in touch!!
Join our group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1376693919236398/
Check the website www.houghtonlives.com