- Currently in the permitting process and hope to start construction in Sept and end in October
- Creating a 5’ wide walkway with a small curb through apartments
- Taking out the junipers and putting in trees
- Crating 30’ bridge across the wetlands
- Making a crosswalk with flags and overhead street light to get to shopping center
- Concern was brought up for strollers and wheelchairs getting into the shopping center
Kari provided other updates on
- Stairs from the CKC at the railroad bridge down to 68th will be on the east-south side. They will be concrete. Open bidding happening in early Nov and hope to award at 2nd meeting in Nov.
- There will be a traffic light at 6th st and 9th st. with a crosswalk. This will allow Everest neighborhood kids to cross 6th st and take gravel path to CKC and on to Lakeview.
- Google is putting in turf on the Lakeview field – expected to be done in October – no lights on the field. Priorty use goes to schools, city and then Google
- Google is adding sidewalk to west side on 6th st right before Kirkland Ave
Concerns came up about trash on the CKC. City Maintenance crew comes thru once a day. Garbage cans are put by the streets so they can get service. Many sections of the trail have already been adopted. Big thanks to individual citizens who also pick up other’s trash. If you have a dog, please make sure to pick up their waste.
Key topic of the discussion was on planning for Houghton Everest Neighborhood Center. The key issue the Central Houghton Neighborhood Comprehensive Plan, the Everest Comprehensive Plan and the zoning are not aligned.
- Suggestions for joint meeting with other neighborhoods in October
- Continue to focus on Education, what we hear, and the process.
- Propose suggestions on how to get plans and zoning in alignment and get feedback from the group.
- For next meeting have several options outlined for group to comment on
- Other suggestions for next steps – present to HCC and talk to Nelson Group
Links from Meeting
Recap of post-its from April’s meeting about the HENC
Recap of post-its from what we liked about other neighborhood centers
Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 7:00pm
Houghton Fire Station 22
6602 108th Avenue NE
Thanks and check out what is going on in the neighborhood at:
On the web at http://www.houghtonlives.com
On Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/CentralHoughton