Last year, CHNA moved to a schedule of meetings approximately every other month. We have regularly scheduled meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of each month in September, November, January, March, and May. As needed, we may schedule additional meetings based on specific topics that are more imminent than our regular meeting schedule allows.
We also periodically send out emails to the distribution list to provide updates on topics and notices of upcoming events that may be of interest.
The following highlights upcoming events and activities over the next couple of months. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments, or ideas for future meeting topics.
- Community Safety Advisory Committee - The City is looking for neighborhood representatives to serve on the the Community Safety Advisory Group to help review a list of potential projects for a ballot measure for November 2020. Please contact CHNA (email@example.com) or apply on line from the City's web page - https://www.kirklandwa.gov/Residents/Public_Safety/fire-2020-ballot-measure.htm
"The Community Safety Advisory Group (CSAG) will meet for the duration of October 2019 to March 2020 to review a menu of major investments for fire station seismic renovation, expansion, additional firefighter staffing, potential training facilities, and funding mechanisms for a November 2020 ballot measure for Fire and Emergency Medical Services. The CSAG's recommendation to the Council will be presented March of 2020. The Council will then have until July 21 to approve the ordinance placing the measure on the ballot for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
- Saturday October 19 - Green Kirkland Day Planting event -- https://www.kirklandwa.gov/NewsRoom/Kick_off_the_planting_season_with_City_Council_on_Green_Kirkland_Day_s3_p27206.htm
- Thursday October 24 (7 PM) - Planning Commission (PC) Public Hearing City Initiated Comprehensive Plan Amendments (see attached notice) Latest PC packet can be found here:https://www.kirklandwa.gov/Assets/Planning/Planning+PDFs/Planning+Commission/Comprehensive+Plan+Annual+Amendments+09_26_19+PC+Packet+WEB+-+CAM19-00537.pdf
- Tuesday November 5 (7 PM) - Joint Planning Commission (PC)/ Houghton Community Council (HCC) Public Hearing - Tree Code Amendments -Official notice not yet published, Project Wed Page including links to prior meeting packets is available here: https://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/planning/Code_Updates/Projects/Tree_Code_Updates.htm
- Wednesday November 6 (7:30 PM) - City Council City Council Meeting Agenda - Northwest University Master Plan Review and Decision on Hearing Examiner and Houghton Community Council recommendations.
The HE and HCC recommendations packet is attached.
Past materials on the Northwest University Master Plan can be found on the project web page: https://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/planning/Development_Info/projects/Northwest_University_Master_Plan_Zoning_Permit.htm
- Tuesday November 12 (7 PM) - Central Houghton Neighborhood Association Meeting at Fire Station 22 (on 108th Avenue NE) Topics include - status of above public hearings/meetings, Kirkland Downtown Association, 2020 Neighborhood Safety Program projects, accessory Dwelling Units/Missing Middle Housing, and others. Please let us know if you have any topics you would like us to include.
- 2020 Neighborhood Safety Program Schedule Project Ideas Due: Monday, December 2, 2019 - CHNA will be discussing project ideas at our November 12 CHNA meeting - come and share your thoughts with us at that meeting or send them to us in advance.- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take advantage of the opportunity to provide input to the above programs and projects.
Larry Toedtli. President
Central Houghton Neighborhood Association