Suggestions on approach
Interaction with the city
- Do not need consensus.
- Do not need majority.
- Neither of these are possible.
- Largest group wins for each issue.
- We can report to city as to what % of residents prefer which options.
- All four neighborhoods (CHNA, LNA, ENA & MBNA) must work together.
- No zone height over 35’ anywhere near center.
- Big access to the CKC.
- There are 4 (only) BC areas in Kirkland (Bridle Trails, Kingsgate, Inglewood, and HC). The City should do them all at once. There would be power in numbers.
- Clear communication between leaders of CAN, HCC, and City of Kirkland.
- Include City Council & Planning Commission members.
- Unless the process achieves some consensus we won’t be effective in influencing the Council.
- Need more than 3 meetings.
- From Lakeview – OK to post summaries for us.
- Meet 3X ok.
- My 10th +/- meeting about this in past 3 years. Ridiculous people do not want more density.
- Overall process – 2015 - 3 Meetings is good.
- A goal should be to come to a consensus, so we don’t have to repeat the entire process again with the city.